Sunday, October 25, 2009

1 Week to the Day to Go.

My last long run before the Marathon is now behind me. I only have cross-training, 2 three mile runs and 1 two mile run, before resting for the big day. A weird kind of sadness has descended upon me. I hear that when people put forth so much effort and time into a project, such as planning their wedding, marathon training, graduating from college; once the deed has been completed some descend into a depression over the loss of what for that time had defined them for so long.

I would prefer not to fall into that category. My plan is to try to accomplish those items, which seem to sit around on my “to do" list and never seem to be completed. Learn conversational Spanish. Go skydiving. Complete a new series of artwork and look into having a show. Take a trip to Europe (hello, second job). Get a professional designation to help with my career. Will I do all these things? Maybe. But it’s the journey I enjoy more than the destination.

I am currently worried about whether or not I am adequately prepared for this marathon. My injury appears to be recovered. But on my last run (7.25 miles), honestly, I felt like crap. It's not a confidence booster. I have run 20 miles - twice. Logic tells me that if nothing else I can run/walk 20 freaking miles. So then I should be able to do the same on race day. Right? It's most likely that a massive case of PMS has hit me; which has the same affect on most women of making me a tad moody.

I just spent an amazing weekend at the beach with some of the most beautiful women of Oregon. They are all very inspiring to me. Mothers, sisters and friends all empowered in their own unique way. I'll be thinking of you all while I am in NYC!

No comments:

Post a Comment