Sunday, October 18, 2009

Two weeks till race day...

I am still in my tapper period (LOVE IT) and now I am planning my trip to NYC. I am so excited! I have realized that I won’t be able to complete my race in less than 5 hours, but I will complete it (in NYC and how freaking cool is that going to be?)! My last long run was good (13 miles) and my knee has recovered. That injury was the result of inadequate stretching. Damn the IT band! Who knew?! So now I am stretching every day and I hope that it will prepare me for race day. My next run is 8 miles - it feels like a gift, really. Who would have thought that I would have looked at an 8 mile run two years ago and thought, "Yeah, that's just a short run!” I laugh, but part of me can’t stop thinking, "hell, if I can do this, is childbirth really such an insurmountable ordeal?", for the moment - yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment