Monday, July 20, 2009

Important Lesson Learned!

I had one long run last weekend. Last Saturday I was to run 12 miles. My IPod has a habit of rounding up - so in order to run 12 miles, I have to run 13.2 on the IPod. Crazy math, hunh? Well, I have another obstacle - I need to run more outside. So here was my plan. I would run about 5 1/2 to 6 miles outside in the morning before it became too hot then finish the run at the gym on the treadmill. Here was the plan:

Wake at 7am.
Leave house by 7:30am and run.
Come back to house in an hour, leave for gym.
Complete run at gym in about an hour.
Come home, shower.
Maybe run to the store or just chill out.

Here was reality:
Wake at 7:30am.
Leave house at 8:35am and run.
Heat is already 80 degrees.
Run for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Return home - dehydrated and tired.
Shower.
Sit on couch; think about how freaking hot apartment is.
Fall asleep on couch. Wake up hours later, sweaty.
Shower.
Go to Target to buy fans.
Go to gym at 6:10pm.
Run 50 minutes, then kicked out of gym (they close at 7pm).
Shower.
Wake at 10am Sunday morning to run last 3 miles of run.
Shower.
Feel utterly drained and wasted on Monday.

Lessoned learned - run my long runs all at once or suffer the consequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment