Tuesday, July 7, 2009

So much has happened since my last post!

I took some much needed rest after my half marathon (about a month and a half). Getting back into to game was difficult, but worth the effort. Re-training is much easier than that first attempt at running seriously.
I have completed my races for both the Starlight Run and Epilepsy Run. Both were fun and I did not focus on finishing in any "record" time (for me). I have also won the lottery pick for the ING New York City Marathon for this November 1, 2009. The airfare has been purchased and the training will begin in earnest soon. I am also looking at hiring a running coach. I never - ever would have thought it necessary to hire someone to tell you to run. When I began to plot out my training schedule for the ING, I realized that I would be able to run the marathon in 2 months! Great! Awesome! But you see, my race is not for 4 months. Major freaking problem. So I became creative and figured that if I repeated every week twice, then I would be doubly ready for the race. One small nagging issue - overtraining. Never an issue for me before. Hell getting me to train was the issue before. So with the help of the Road Runner's Club of America website: http://www.rrca.org/ I have found several coaches who appear up for the job of correcting my form, training schedule and giving me that little tiny bit of additional motivation I need.
I am excited and scared, but I know that I will succeed. I just want to be sure that it doesn't take me 12 hours to finish the ING! God, if your listening, help me train so I can finish in 5 hours and I will no longer cut-off old people in traffic - well, I'll try anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment