Monday, March 9, 2009

The Pod-Cast from Hell

I had purchased an I-Pod to provide some much needed musical inspiration. Although I had heard and knew what the term “pod-cast” was, I'd never actually heard one. While surfing I-Tunes I came across a free pod-case called, “Couch to 5K”. I was intrigued. One it was free, two it promised to bring you from your couch to a 5K race in nine weeks and three I had just moved to a new state where I knew no one, was poor and had an abundance of free time. In the back of my mind I was mulling over the idea of running a 5K. But honestly I had no idea what a kilometer was. Was it a mile, more than a mile, less? I never paid attention in math class and again that oversight was biting me in the butt. I really never thought that I would ever be able to run that distance, however long it was. But this pod-cast had a pleasant sounding narrator and upbeat techno music. I reminded myself that this was not gym class and there would be no jeering audience or pushy gym teacher to see me fail. So I began my training.

No comments:

Post a Comment