Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Training Dayz

I was progressing well through my pod-cast training, although how anyone can progress from one week to the next was beyond me. I stayed at week 5 for 4 weeks! I finally broke at week 7. I had been at the week 7 pod-cast for about 3 weeks when I realized that I hated – no, HATED the urban tribal techno playing in the background and that the narrator’s voice which I at first found upbeat and inspiring, was now an unwelcome prompt for me to run more, faster, and with better form – ever chipper and driving me to wonder about the man who created this insane form of punishment. I realized then, why you where supposed to push yourself to progress from one pod-cast week to the next, least you risk a severe case of rage inspired insanity. I never could bring myself to listen to weeks 8 & 9. I would not let this deter me from finishing a 5K race, however. I needed to test out my ability. I made a goal and decided that I would run one (1) 5K in 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment